For the one life we have
1. NAME AND OBJECTS The Group shall be called the North Yorkshire Humanist Group. Its objects shall be to provide a means for like-minded individuals to meet and discuss Humanist values, principles and relevant subjects, and to promote the philosophy of Humanism to the general public.
2. MEMBERSHIP Any person who agrees with the objects of the Group may become a member on payment of the annual subscription. The Executive Committee may refuse to admit as a member or terminate the membership of any person whose conduct is, in its opinion, inconsistent with the objects of the Group.
3. HONORARY OFFICERS The Honorary Officers shall be: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. They shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting of the Group.
4. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE The Executive Committee shall consist of the Honorary Officers and four ordinary members, each serving for one year. Any vacancy may be filled by the Executive Committee. The Chair of the Group shall be the Chair of the Executive Committee. The general business of the Group shall be administered by the Executive Committee. It shall meet at least once in every three months, and at least fourteen days' notice of meetings shall be given to all members of the Group. A quorum shall be any three members of the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to three additional ordinary members. A co-opted member shall have the same rights as other members of the Executive, and their term of office will expire at the following AGM.
5. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS An Annual General Meeting shall be held in May or June each year. It shall receive financial accounts and the reports from the Executive Committee for the year ended the previous end of March. It shall elect the Honorary Officers of the Group and the members of the Executive Committee. At least twenty-one days' notice of the meeting shall be given to all members of the Group. Nominations, duly seconded, and notices of resolutions must be received by the Secretary at least seven days before the meeting. Any member whose nomination for honorary office does not lead to election shall be considered as a nominee for ordinary membership of the Committee.
6. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS A Special General Meeting may be convened by the Executive Committee or shall, on receipt of a request signed by at least six members or fifteen percent of the members if greater, be convened by the Secretary within six weeks of the receipt of such a request. At least twenty-one days' notice of the meeting shall be given to all members of the Group. Only business stated on the notice convening the meeting shall be considered at such Special General Meetings. The quorum at both of the above types of general meetings shall be ten members of the Group. In any dispute concerning the affairs of the Group, a general meeting shall be the final authority.
7. FINANCE The income and property of the Group shall be devoted to the promotion of the objects of the Group. Honorary Officers and members of the Executive Committee may not receive payment for their services to the Group. In the event of the Group having to be wound up, all funds after payment of liabilities shall go to the British Humanist Association. The annual subscription to the Group shall be set by the Annual General Meeting.
8. CONSTITUTION AMENDMENTS The constitution may be amended by a resolution passed by at least two-thirds of the members present and voting at a general meeting. The notice of the general meeting must include notice of the resolution setting out the terms of the amendment proposed.
9. AFFILIATIONS The Group shall maintain its affiliation to the British Humanist Association. Affiliations to other bodies may be sought by resolution of a general meeting.
10. VOTING All elections shall be conducted using the Single Transferable Vote. Changes to the Constitution shall only be effective when supported by two thirds of Group members present. All other matters put to the vote shall be deemed carried when supported by a simple majority of those present and voting. The Chair shall have the casting vote if necessary.